Everyone likes to lead a fit and healthy lifestyle, but sometimes, with everything else that’s going on, it's difficult to be consistent. Fortunately, thanks to personal training sessions, you can now achieve the goal of feeling better every day with just a few minutes of guided exercise, customised to your needs.
You may be wondering: What are personal training sessions like? Or, how can I find a personal trainer near me? We've got all the answers and we're sharing them below - get started and find a personal trainer near you!
Advantages of personal training sessions
Health, wellness, sport, stress relief... There are many advantages to having a personal trainer. In addition, with the help of a personal trainer you can work on everything you need at your own pace, without rushing and executing each exercise properly to avoid injuries.
Personal training sessions are not limited to simply repeating exercises. Personal trainers offer students advice on nutrition, act as psychologists to encourage them to achieve their goals and analyse progress to implement new strategies and correct planning errors in real time.
Here are some of the benefits of starting classes with a personal trainer:
- Weight loss or decrease in body fat percentage: Many people can't find a way to lose weight and eliminate localised fat. The advantage of a personal trainer is that they will analyse your fitness and health to create routines specific to your goals.
- Rehabilitation from injury or illness: After an injury or illness, the body is weakened. Muscle mass is lost and endurance capacity decreases. With the help of a personal trainer you can regain your fitness and health more quickly.
- Yoga or Pilates classes: Some personal trainers also offer yoga and pilates classes for people of all ages. Classes with a personal pilates instructor are excellent for preventing back and joint pain, improving elasticity and correcting faulty sitting postures.
- Preparation for entrance exams and tests: Aspiring police officers, firefighters, army personnel... There are many professions that require passing specific physical tests. A personal trainer can help you achieve your goals by preparing a work plan and correcting aspects you need to improve in real time.
How to find a personal trainer near me
More and more people are deciding to start classes with a personal trainer. The problem lies in knowing how to choose the right professional. If you are asking yourself: How can I find a personal trainer near me?
Below we share the three most common methods for finding personal trainers. Think about your goals, your time availability and the type of training you want to receive and you will find your ideal personal trainer:
- Gyms: Some personal training professionals work in gyms. You may be able to find personal training sessions at one near you, although you will usually have to pay an extra fee on top of the gym membership.
- Home-based personal training sessions: This is the most convenient option, as your personal trainer comes to your home. You can search on social networks, on Google or on your local classified ad pages. To find classes with a qualified personal trainer with experience, we recommend you use FindTutors and choose from the list of personal trainers near you.
- Classes with an online personal trainer: This is another great option if you don't feel like travelling. Classes with an online personal trainer are delivered through a video conferencing platform. In addition to physical exercise, the personal trainer monitors the student's progress and gives personalised advice on diet and healthy lifestyle habits so that the student gets the most out of the personal training.
What do I need to start classes with a personal trainer?
The requirements to start classes with a personal trainer are simple. Comfortable clothes, a mat, enough space to move around without bumping into any furniture... However, if you want to make the most out of your personal training sessions, here is some advice:
- Physical condition and health: It is advisable to know your state of health before starting to do sport, especially if you are of advanced age or if you have not practised for a long time. A call to your family doctor, some tests or a visit to the health centre will help you to know the real state of your health before starting classes with a personal trainer.
- Healthy eating and lifestyle habits: Personal training sessions will help you feel better every day, but they don't work miracles. You have to do your part and take care of your health through a balanced diet, avoiding alcohol and tobacco consumption, avoiding a sedentary lifestyle and minimising your stress and anxiety levels.
Perseverance and determination: The secret to getting results from your personal training is consistency. During the first few sessions you may not see results, but if you are determined and focused on the end goal, personal training sessions will become one of the best decisions you will ever make.