Spanish is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, and also one of the most studied. It has more than 500 million native speakers, and is the official language of more than twenty countries around the world. It is one of the major Romance languages and the most widely spoken Romance language in the world.
With such high numbers, it is no surprise that so many people decide to learn Spanish as a second language, whether it is for travel, work or simply because of a passion for languages. Every student has their own reason for wanting to start Spanish classes.
What types of Spanish lessons are there?
If you want to learn Spanish, the best option is always to find a private class. When it comes to finding the perfect private Spanish tutor near you, it’s important to first identify what you are looking for.
- One-to-one private Spanish classes: This is a popular option for students because it allows you to have a private tutor all to yourself. This means that the classes can be adapted to your goals and progress.
- Private Spanish classes for pairs: If you know another person who is learning or wants to learn Spanish, you can suggest taking classes together. The classes will still maintain an element of personalisation, with the added bonus of a study buddy to help motivate you.
- Group private Spanish classes: If you know more people, whether it’s family members, friends or colleagues, who want to learn Spanish, you can find a tutor and take classes as a group.
- Private Spanish classes at home: You can also choose if you prefer to take private classes at home, this way you can enjoy not having to leave home and having face-to-face classes at the same time.
- Online private Spanish classes: If you prefer more flexibility or don’t want a tutor coming to your home, you can find an online Spanish tutor. This way you can take classes from wherever you want, as long as you have a good internet connection.
As you can see, there are plenty of options when it comes to Spanish tutoring. Once you figure out what you want, you can start finding the perfect tutor for you.
Tips for finding the right Spanish tutor
If you have decided to hire a private Spanish teacher for foreigners, whether at home, online, for individual classes or in pairs, there are a few steps you will need to follow to find the best one for you.
On FindTutors you can search for the perfect teacher by using various filters. After selecting Spanish and whether you want classes in-person or online, you can choose your level and stage of education. This will help you narrow down your search to the tutors that are the most suitable for you.
Contact multiple tutors
Once you have started searching, make sure you contact multiple tutors. This way you will be able to choose between them to make sure you find a tutor that suits your availability, level and learning style.
Don't be afraid of asking questions! Teachers are there to answer your questions, and it is very important to ask everything you can think of to make sure that the tutor you have contacted is the best fit for you. Ask the tutor about their teaching style, prices, payment methods, learning materials, and availability to make sure they suit your needs. Don’t forget to ask where they teach and if they will come to your house, ask whether there is an extra cost for transportation.
Ask for a free trial or interview
Many tutors on FindTutors offer the first lesson for free so that you can get to know each other and make sure that they meet your expectations. This is your chance to ask any remaining questions, see whether you get along with them and experience their teaching methods. If they do not offer a free class, you can always ask for a quick online interview to help you make your decision.
Make an informed decision
When you come to making your final decision, take into account how you felt during the free trial or interview. Did you get along with the tutor? Could you keep up with the class? Intuition is important, you should go for the Spanish tutor you felt the most comfortable with and whose class best met your expectations.
Benefits of hiring a private Spanish tutor
Finding a private Spanish tutor is easier than it seems, and it is the perfect option if you want to learn quickly. If you still have doubts about whether you should take private Spanish classes, here are the main advantages:
- Personalisation: When it comes to personalised lessons, nothing compares to having a private Spanish tutor. You will have the tutor’s full attention for the whole class.
- Set your own pace: When you study with other people, you always have to go at the pace of the class. With private Spanish classes, you will be able to set the pace and make sure you grasp all the concepts properly.
- Flexibility: A private Spanish tutor will adapt to your needs. This means adapting the syllabus to what you need, going at your pace and making sure that you never fall behind. Basically, you will have much more flexibility to decide what you are interested in studying without having to follow a compulsory syllabus as you would in school or in a group lesson.
- Options: There are thousands of options when it comes to finding private Spanish classes. Whether you want an online Spanish tutor, a Spanish GCSE tutor or a native Spanish speaker to practise your speaking and listening skills. There is something for everyone in the world of private classes.
Now that you know more about Spanish tutoring, you can start finding your private Spanish tutor and enter the world of this beautiful language.