Nowadays, many people are looking for German lessons to learn to speak this Germanic language, which is widely spoken in Central Europe. With globalisation, you don't have to go all the way to Germany to converse in German. There are many ways to learn a language online and to train with native language tutors. Luckily, you won't have any difficulties. German is the 12th most spoken language in the world and is very popular because of its huge vocabulary, which makes German speakers highly sought after and valued by large companies.
Find online German lessons
Nowadays, finding an online German tutor is the most obvious and popular choice. Your private tuition will allow you to learn German quickly and in the comfort of your own home. Here are some advantages of online German lessons:
- Go at your own pace: Private tuition allows you to follow the pace of learning that suits you. Forget about pretending to understand so as not to get in the way of the group or being embarrassed to ask questions. With a private German tutor, you can learn the language at your own pace.
- Personalised support: Learning a language can be difficult, which is why having one-on-one lessons with extra support can be extremely beneficial. With a private German tutor, you will reach your goals quicker and get answers to all of your questions.
- Perfect pronunciation: Pronunciation can be a challenge for many students. That's why it's best to take private tuition, you will be able to perfect your pronunciation as much as possible. With your own private tutor, it is also easier to improve your listening and speaking skills.
- Greater flexibility: Each private tutor has their own teaching methods that can be adapted according to the level of difficulty each student needs. With private German lessons, you can tailor the timetable, content and techniques to your needs. We are sure that you will find a tutor to suit your needs.
How many hours does it take to learn German online?
Normally, an online German lesson lasts 1 hour. However, depending on your goals, one lesson per week may not be enough to achieve them. For example, if you have an official exam or an interview coming up, you will need more lesson time. Our recommendation for learning German online is to book at least two German lessons per week. According to the CEFR, the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, the average time to learn German is 6 months per level.
What do I need to learn German online?
Nowadays, learning a language online is very easy. You can learn German online from a cafe with wifi, for example, find books and other learning materials in libraries and join conversation classes. All you need is the following:
- Internet. This is essential for any online class, as the lessons can only take place with a stable internet connection. Our recommendation is to stay close to your modem or make sure you have a good 4G network signal. Fast internet will help not only the progress of the class but also your further research.
- Electronic device. A computer, a tablet or even your mobile phone, if it has a large screen, will allow you to connect to your German lessons online. Don't forget: you need a camera and microphone to make video calls.
- Useful websites. In addition to books and your private German tutor, there are many additional tools that will boost your learning. You can look for exercises, videos to discover the culture and practice listening and much more. There are also apps you can use for learning German like Duolingo, which is easy and fun.
Advantages of learning German online
By learning German online, you will have the flexibility to do your German lessons from anywhere. This way it is much easier to make it to every class. You will also save time and money, as online tuition does not require commuting. You can also learn German at home, from the comfort of your sofa, without having to travel.