More and more people want to learn French online, and it's no surprise. French is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world, and is one of the most famous romance languages globally, as well as being the most romantic. It is a very popular language; its country of origin has a rich culture that captivates people from all over the world. This contributes to why French lessons are so popular.
Studying French online is a very common option, globalisation and modern technology have made it possible to study a language online without much hassle. There are endless ways to learn French online.
Find a private French tutor online
Of course, finding a French tutor online is the most obvious and popular option. A French tutor can be a very valuable way to learn, which is why it is a popular choice for many. Here are some reasons why hiring a French tutor is an efficient way of learning French:
- Personalised attention: With online tuition you will have all the attention you need to reach your goals and work on your weaknesses. You will never fall behind or have any doubts with a private tutor.
- Help with pronunciation and listening: Although learning French as a self-taught learner is a valid option, there is nothing like the help of a French tutor who can teach you French pronunciation, which is often quite complicated. It can also help you to improve your listening skills.
- Conversation: Theory is always good, but practice is very important too. With a private French tutor you will get a lot of practice and you will be able to have conversations with a native speaker.
- Colloquial expressions: A native French tutor can teach you many things that books don't teach, such as colloquial expressions and how French people speak in their everyday lives.
- Motivation: An online French tutor will help you to stay motivated and not lose heart in the face of the little difficulties you may encounter when learning a language.
- Group or individual classes: Even though they are online, it doesn't mean that you can't choose between having a private French lesson online or in a group. The good thing about technology is that it allows us to have calls with several people, so if you are someone who prefers to study with others, there will be no problem.
What does it take to learn French online?
There are a number of things to consider when learning French online. Here are some of the things that you will need:
- Internet connection: The first thing you will need to learn online is a good internet connection. Make sure it is as fast and stable a connection as possible so that you can make calls with your tutor or consult the web pages you need.
- Electronic device: You will also need an electronic device, such as a computer or tablet, and - if you want to do private tuition online - you will need the device to be equipped with a camera and microphone.
- Extra tools: Beyond books, websites and the support of an online French tutor, you can always use extra tools. There are many websites you can consult that provide information, tips, exercises, and more. In addition, there are apps such as Duolingo that are a great way to entertain yourself with short exercises and learn by playing.
What are the advantages of learning French online?
Learning French online has many advantages. Let's take a look at the main ones:
- Avoiding travel: The first is to be able to learn directly without leaving your home. Whatever the weather outside, you can study French online from the comfort of your own home and save time travelling around the city.
- Saving money: By saving travel time, you will also save money. In addition, online tuition is often a little cheaper because you don't have to travel (but not always! The cost of each lesson depends on the tutor).
- Being able to have your tuition anywhere: The great thing about studying French online is that you can do your private tuition from anywhere. If you decide to go on holiday or go to a café, you can do so without any problem and still have your lessons from anywhere without having to cancel or postpone them.
- More flexibility: As you can see, online French tuition has much more flexibility thanks to online tuition platforms, saving you from having to travel to a specific location.
How to find a good online French tutor?
There are so many French tutors online, and it is important to take a couple of things into consideration to find the right one for you.
- Search: First of all, start finding tutors among the hundreds of online French tutors. Make sure you know which filters you want to apply: price, type of class, etc. On FindTutors you can filter by level, level of education, and much more to help you narrow down your search.
- Contact several French tutors: We always advise you to contact several online French tutors whose profiles catch your attention, as often not all will not have availability that suits you. By contacting several, you can be sure that at least one or more of them will have the availability that suits you.
- Pay attention to your intuition: During the first points of contact and the first private online French lesson, pay close attention to the chemistry you have. It is important that you feel comfortable with your tutor, so let your intuition guide you in choosing the right French tutor for you.
- Don't be afraid to communicate: Always communicate clearly about your goals, doubts, fears, problems, and anything else. Remember that the clearer you communicate with the tutor, the more you will get out of your online French lessons, and the easier it will be to learn.
As you can see, there are many good reasons to learn French online, so what are you waiting for? Start your online French tuition now, you won't regret it.