Information about economics and business classes
In-person vs. online lessons
When it comes to learning, you have two options: face-to-face or online classes. There are plenty of tutors available for each option so the one you choose is up to your own personal preference. Here are some benefits of each:
- Lessons can be done from anywhere, including your home.
- You can choose from tutors all over the UK. This means that you can choose the most qualified and experienced tutor.
- You can save money and time given that you do not need to commute.
- Meeting in person makes it easier to bond with your tutor.
- In-person lessons also help students concentrate on learning as they will not be easily distracted by the internet.
- If the lessons are for your child, you may feel more comfortable meeting the tutor in person and having them come to your home.
Business and economics-related career opportunities
If you are still wondering whether studying business or economics is a good idea, you may be convinced when you learn about the career opportunities. Here is a brief list:
- Consultants: This is a rewarding job that consists of informing and advising people about their companies or current economic situations.
- Prosecutors: This is a highly responsible position, but an opportunity for those who like to comply with the law. Mostly, the issues you deal with as a public prosecutor are related to contributions and taxes.
- Business owner: Use the knowledge you learn about business and finance to start your own company.
- Teachers: If you train as a teacher, you will have the possibility to teach others your knowledge. Moreover, you can do this job after graduating with a degree in economics.
Tips for finding tutors
If you want to find a private tutor that can help you explore the financial and commercial world, here are some tips to make sure you choose correctly:
- Find classes within your budget: Before finding tutors, make sure you evaluate your finances and find out what your maximum monthly budget for classes is. Based on this, only choose tutors that are within your budget.
- Read tutors’ profiles: Tutors on our website have a profile where they give more information about themselves and their classes. Make sure you make the most of all the information available so that you can make an informed decision.
Look at the reviews: Lots of tutors have reviews from their other students. The more reviews they have and the more positive they are, the better they are. This doesn't mean that tutors without reviews are no good, but that they are probably just starting out on the online platform. So, it will also be useful for you to contact the tutor you like to see what they are like.